Wondering how long to bake meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees? Here you’ll find bake times, temperatures, storage tips, plus much more!
I love meatballs! I just love them. They’re so easy to make, so versatile, and they freeze so well. Plus, they’re health, yummy, cheap, and just amazing!
You can add them to spaghetti, marinara sauce, or tomato sauce. You can make a sweet and sour sauce, a teriyaki sauce, or a BBQ sauce and eat them over rice or mashed potatoes. They’re also a great dish to make for a large group! Basically, they’re just the best.
If you love them as much as my family and I do, you’ve probably wondered how long you cook meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees, right?! Well, have no fear! I’ll answer all the questions you could possibly have about meatballs right here. All you have to do is keep reading!
This recipe was adapted from Fun, Cheap, Or Free.
What Are Meatballs?
Meatballs are ground beef, or meat, rolled into ball shapes. They are seasoned with spices and herbs. They’re usually served with a sauce or stew.
The amazing thing about meatballs is you can make them with any ground meat. It doesn’t have to be just ground beef. You can also make them in any sauce you’d like.
You can use whatever ingredients you have on hand to make them. They really are the perfect pantry meal!
How To Cook Meatballs
There are many different ways you can cook meatballs, but my favorite way is in the oven. All you have to do is make the meatballs, put them in a preheated oven, set the timer, and you’ll have amazing meatballs. They’ll even have an amazing crispy outside!
The best part about baking them in the oven is you don’t even have flip or rotate the meatballs! Isn’t that great?! Plus, baking them is healthier then frying them in a pan.
If you cook your meatballs in a sauce, it’s really hard to overcook them. That’s great news! It’s easy to cook perfect meatballs in the oven.
What’s The Best Temperature To Bake Meatballs?
It’s best to cook meatballs between 350 to 400 degrees. This is the perfect temperature range to cook amazing, tender meatballs!
Here are different oven temperatures and how long it will take to cook.
- 250 Degrees: 35-40 minutes
- 300 Degrees: 30-35 minutes
- 350 Degrees: 25-30 minutes
- 400 Degrees: 20-25 minutes
- 450 Degrees: 15-20 minutes
- Frozen Meatballs: Cook them for about 10-15 minutes longer than you would if they were raw meatballs.
- Air Fried Meatballs: Cook them for about 10 minutes less than you would in the oven.
Obviously, meatballs will cook faster and take less time to cook at higher temperatures than they would at lower temperatures. Knowing this, you can adjust the temperature based on how much time you have to bake them!
How Long Should You Bake Meatballs At 350?
It takes between 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It depends on the size of the meatballs, how well you want them cooked, and how many meatballs you’re cooking.
It’s important to watch them as they bake, so you don’t overcook or undercook your meatballs. If they’re undercooked, you could get food poisoning. If you overcook them, they’ll be dry.
If you’re using frozen meatballs, it will take between 35-40 minutes to bake them. Use a meat thermometer to make sure they reach the right internal temperature.
How To Tell When Meatballs Are Done?
Meatballs are done when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. They should be brown on the outside and slightly brown on the inside.
Tips For Making The Best Meatballs
- Fattier meats make the best meatballs. You can use whatever meat you’d like to make them, but the best meats are pork, beef, and lamb.
- It’s best to make meatballs with cold ingredients.
- If you have an extra meatballs, freeze them! They freeze so well, and are easy to defrost for an easy meal down the road.
- Use a food thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the meatballs is 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You don’t have to cook meatballs at a certain temperature. If you want them cooked faster, bake them at a higher temperature. If you’re not in a hurry, you can cook them a little bit longer at a lower temperature.
- When I make meatballs, I always make tons! I love having them on hand.
- You can sauté or brown your meatballs on the outside before you bake them if you’d like to. I don’t do this though out of convenience. I make my meatballs, make the sauce, put the meatballs in a 9×13 pan, pour the sauce over them, and bake them. Feel free to cook them however you want to.
- You can also sauté your meatballs after you bake them for a crispy outside if you’d like.
- Meatballs are usually cooked with breadcrumbs and eggs. If you add too many of either, it could make them too crumbly. Follow my recipe below for amazing meatballs!
- I try to make around 1 1/2 to 2 inch meatballs.
- To keep them moist, you can add milk or eggs to your meatballs.
- Use wax paper or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
How to Store Baked Meatballs
The best way to keep meatballs fresh is to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Freeze them! If you have leftover meatballs, you should freeze them. Flash freeze them first on a cookie sheet in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Then you can put them in an airtight container or ziplock back and freeze them. They will be good for up to six months. When you’re ready to eat frozen meatballs, you can either allow the meat to thaw or cook it from frozen.
How To Reheat Meatballs
There are three ways to reheat meatballs. You can reheat them in the microwave, oven, or air fryer. It only takes a few minutes to reheat meatballs on a cookie sheet in the oven once it’s preheated. It only takes a few minutes total to reheat meatballs in the microwave.
You can also reheat them in an air fryer. It also only takes a few minutes! The microwave or air fryer are the quickest way, but I think they taste better reheated in the oven.
My Favorite Homemade Meatballs
- 1 Large bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Diced Onion
- 1/2 cup Oats I use old fashioned
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 egg Slightly Beaten optional
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce optional
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce Use a good quality one
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the meatball ingredients together.
- Use a cookie scoop and scoop the meat mixture into meatballs.
- Place them onto a 9×13 pan or cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the meatballs are done.
Is it better to bake or cook meatballs?
I prefer to bake meatballs because it’s easier, but you can totally bake or cook them.
How long should meatballs cook in the oven?
The cooking time will depend on what oven temperature you’re baking your meatballs. At 350 degrees, it will take 25-30 minutes, at 400 it will take 20-25 minutes, and at 450 it will take 15-20 minutes.
How long does it take to cook meatballs at 350?
It takes between 25-30 minutes to cook meatballs at 350 degrees.
What temp should meatballs be cooked at?
It’s best to cook meatballs between 350 to 400 degrees.
How Long To Bake Meatballs At 400?
The baking time will take between 20-25 minutes to cook meatballs at 400 degrees.
The Bottom Line
It will take between 25-30 minutes to cook meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees. Meatballs are so easy to make, super versatile, and delicious. They really are the perfect meal!
More Like This
- How To Boil Spaghetti
- How Long Can Chicken Sit Out
- How Long To Microwave A Hot Dog
- Chicken Base Substitutes
- How Long Does Fresh Juice Last In The Fridge
Final Thoughts On Cooking Meatballs:
I hope you learned everything you wanted to know about cooking meatballs! Let me know what you think in the comments.