If you’re looking for a perfect recipe, this is it! My favorite homemade play dough is easy to make, and it will stay soft for up to a year.
This is my favorite play dough recipe! I love making it for my kids, because it’s so easy and fun. Once made, I store them in these fun jars! It is so easy to add this play dough to any sensory kit. Just grab some toys around the house, anything else you’d like to add, and this play dough, and you have a fun sensory activity that will entertain your little ones for hours!
This play dough is extremely customizable. You can add glitter to it!
Make it tie dyed, marbled, or a fun color! The sky’s the limit with this recipe. It’s the perfect base for sensory play!
My Favorite Homemade Play Dough Recipe
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup water
- Put dry ingredients in a medium saucepan and mix together
- Add wet ingredients and whisk together until it is clump free.
- Put food coloring in and mix until it’s fully combined.
- Cook on medium heat stirring constantly until it becomes a dough.
- Once it has become dough, take it out and knead until it’s cooled. Be careful because it will be very hot!
How do I make homemade play dough?
Put 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup salt, 2 teaspoons cream of tartar, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 cup water, and food coloring to a bowl and mix it together, and then add food coloring. Put it in a pan and continuously stir until it becomes a dough. Knead it together until it’s cooled.
How do I make homemade play dough with 4 ingredients?
1 cup of flour, 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar, ¼ cup of salt, ½ cup of warm water, and food coloring (optional). Mix together until it forms dough.
How do I store homemade play dough?
You can store in it any airtight container for up to a year.
- How do dye pasta with acrylic paint
- Easy homemade play dough sensory kits
- Edible dirt for sensory play
- How to dye rice for sensory play
- Rainbow rice for sensory play
- Dye Pasta with food coloring
Final Thoughts on My Favorite Homemade Play Dough:
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! Let me know what you think in the comments.